A series of holiday happenings will kick off a festive December in downtown Jackson.
Tuesday, December 3
The Mississippi Museum of Art will host an open house from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, December 4
The Westin Jackson kicks off their “Festival of Trees” with a tree lighting from 6 – 8 p.m. The event serves as a fundraiser for Children’s of Mississippi.
- Festival of Trees, Special Olympics Gold Gala and an ice-skating rink at The Westin Jackson
- AIA Christmas Tree Competition Opening at Thalia Mara Hall (main level);
- Keep Building Jackson LEGO exhibit, light refreshments and food trucks at the Arts Center of Mississippi
- Winter Exhibit, gift shop open,and a cash bar with food available at the Mississippi Museum of Art
- Holiday Market featuring local vendors ( Jenna Grace Designs, Learah’s Southern Desserts, Anna Ballard Fair, Chocolix Chics Upscale Boutique, Project Go, Fine Art by Baylis Quimby, Pepper Lyn’s Gifts & More, LLC, Soul Wired Cafe, One Of A Kind Cards, Celtic Folly Gifts, and more) and Waffle House (serving free waffles) at The Pinnacle Plaza (Lamar between Amite and Capitol)
- Rooftop Open House with Santa at Hilton Garden Inn (King Edward Apartments
- Light refreshments from Visit Jackson (corner of Capitol and West Streets)
- Restaurants open : The Elite, The Mayflower, Parlor Market, Hal ‘n Mal’s, Martin’s Bar and Restaurant, Iron Horse Grill and 4th Avenue Lounge
- Food Trucks – Arts Center MS, in front of the Governor’s Mansion and Lamar Street in front of Pinnacle Plaza
- Holiday Decorations throughout downtown
- #JXNLights Holiday Tree Trail and Scavenger Hunt throughout downtown
Friday, December 6
Christmas by Candlelight, from 4:30 – 8 p.m., features a tour of Mississippi Department of Archives and History sites in Jackson. Enjoy live holiday music, refreshments and seasonal decorations at the Governor’s Mansion, Old Capitol Museum, Mississippi State Capitol, Manship House Museum, Eudora Welty House & Garden and the Two Mississippi Museums.
The City of Jackson Christmas Tree Lighting is at 6 p.m. at City Hall, Ballet Mississippi’s The Nutcracker ballet performs at 7:30 p.m. at Thalia Mara Hall, an ice-skating rink is open 5 – 8 p.m. at The Westin Jackson and the Chimneyville Arts Festival is being held at the Mississippi Trademart.
Saturday, December 7
Ballet Mississippi’s Sugarplum Fairy’s Tea Party is at 1:30 p.m. at The Westin Jackson (their ice-skating rink is also open that day from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 5 – 8 p.m.). The Nutcracker ballet performs at 3 p.m. at Thalia Mara Hall, the City of Jackson Christmas Parade is slated for 5 p.m. and the Chimneyville Arts Festival continues at the Mississippi Trademart.
Sunday, December 8
Ballet Mississippi’s Sugarplum Fairy’s Tea Party is at 1:30 p.m. at The Westin (their ice-skating rink is also open that day from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.), Estelle Wine Bar & Bistro hosts Brunch with Santa from 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., The Nutcracker ballet performs at 3 p.m. at Thalia Mara Hall and the Chimneyville Arts Festival concludes at the Mississippi Trademart.